Update: this is an old post, the free course is no longer available (it was for an older version of Android)
This training course will guide you through the creation of a social+geolocated Android app that integrates with Facebook, Twitter and the Google Maps API. The course is taught by Mohit Deshpande, Android App Trainer and Java developer, and was created in collaboration with Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of Zenva.
Things you will learn in this course:
- Installing the Android SDK and setting up Eclipse for Android app development.
- Creation and file structure of an Android project.
- Using SQLite databases in your mobile apps.
- Create professional User Interfaces such as menus, buttons and action bar menus.
- Organize your code using the Model-View-Controller pattern and other industry best practices.
- Make your apps social using the Facebook and Twitter SDK’s
- Add location to your app using the Google Maps API
- Deploy your app and publish it to the Google Playstore
There are PDF summary guides for each chapter with the key points and UML diagrams of the classes showcased in the videos.
You will also get the full source code of the Social Notes app, which you can use as a starting point for your own projects!
[button link=”http://academy.zenva.com/product/android-app-development-by-example/” target=”_blank” style=”none, small, large, biglarge” title=”Access the course for FREE “][/button]