Did you know that 20-30% of all websites on the Internet are powered by the WordPress platform?
One of the reasons behind the success of WordPress is it’s flexible Plugin system, which allows developers to give superpowers to any website on a modular and easy manner.
In this course we’ll cover the art and science of WordPress Plugin Development from scratch. By developing 8 simple plugins we will cover everything you need to know to be able to create awesome plugins that will run in most of the web.
By following the video lessons and having a play with the numerous downloadable examples you will get quite comfortable with the following topics:
- Plugin basic structure and life cycle.
- How to use filters and actions to have our code executed at the right moment.
- Accessing posts through The Loop.
- Creating your own shortcodes to give your users superpowers and allow them to save time.
- How to add custom metadata to posts and users.
- Widget creation from scratch.
- Dashboard widgets.
- How to create our own admin pages with global settings.
- Task scheduling with Cron.
- Creating custom tables to extend WordPress beyond your dreams.
No previous WordPress experience is required to take this course. Although we do need you to be familiar and have basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL and web development in general.
This course is taught by Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of Zenva (academy.zenva.com) and Super Colegio (www.supercolegio.com). Just like all other Zenva courses, this course follows the methodology of learning by doing, where video lessons consist in live coding and students are encouraged to modify the course code and get started with their own projects from the very beginning.
If you’ve always wanted to create your own WordPress plugins or you need to learn how to do it quickly for work reasons, this is definitely the best way to go.
Don’t postpone your dreams, GET STARTED TODAY 🙂