Table of contents
What is HTML?
No matter what type or size of website you aim to build, HTML is the common denominator, lying at the heart of all web development.
Why Learn HTML?
HTML serves as the launchpad for any budding web developer, but why should you learn it?
- Universality and durability: HTML is a universal language across all browsers, meaning the skill is transferable no matter the project or platform. Plus, as the core of web development, HTML has stood the test of time, evolving with the changing internet landscape.
- Career prospects: Learning HTML opens the door to numerous career opportunities. From front-end development, full-stack development to web design, a sound knowledge of HTML is almost always a prerequisite. And with digital presence becoming ever important in today’s world, demand for HTML-savvy professionals is only rising.
- Accessible to beginners: One of the friendliest languages for beginners, HTML’s straightforward syntax makes it an excellent entry point to the world of coding. It allows you to see immediate results, providing a gratifying and encouraging learning experience that can help build confidence for tackling more complex languages later.
- Easy to learn: With a multitude of resources available online, including free courses, interactive tutorials, and extensive documentation, learning HTML is more accessible than ever.
So, whether you aspire to be a web developer, want to boost your professional skills, or just curious about the workings of the web, HTML is an essential piece of the puzzle.
The Evolution of HTML
True to its enduring nature, HTML isn’t static. It has seen consistent evolution since its inception, each version introducing new features and functionality to better meet the needs of web developers and users alike.
The original version, HTML 1.0, was designed simply to create basic websites. As the internet grew, so did HTML’s capabilities with versions 2.0 and 3.2 introducing improvements in form and table handling, among other enhancements.
HTML 4.0 and 4.01 paved the way for modern web design, incorporating CSS, script events, and improved accessibility. However, it was HTML5, the current version, that truly revolutionized web development.
- Enhanced multimedia integration: HTML5 introduced native support for audio and video elements, doing away with reliance on third-party plugins.
- Semantic elements: New in HTML5, semantic elements like <header>, <footer>, and <article> provide a clear, structured layout that makes the code easier to understand and improves SEO.
- Mobile support: HTML5 also offers better support for mobile devices, a vital feature as the world shifts towards a mobile-first approach to web browsing.
The continuous evolution of HTML not only underscores its enduring relevance but also hints at its promising future – making it a valuable skill to gain and keep improving.
Learning HTML: Your Journey Begins Here
Embarking on the journey to learn HTML, though undoubtedly fulfilling, may seem daunting at first. Here’s a basic roadmap to set you on the right path:
- Understand the Basics: Get to know what HTML is, its syntax, and basic structure. Start with fundamental elements such as headings, paragraphs, links, and lists.
- Get Hands-On: There’s no better way to learn HTML than by doing. Begin with simple tasks like formatting text, inserting images, and creating hyperlinks. Experiment with different tags and see the results in the browser.
- Dive Deeper: Once you’re comfortable with the basics, branch out into more advanced topics like HTML forms, semantic elements, and multimedia elements like audio and video.
- Blend with CSS: Start learning how HTML interacts with CSS to transform your structured content into a styled, attractive webpage.
- Practice: Challenge yourself with projects. Build simple web pages, then gradually attempt more complex ones. Online platforms and communities provide plenty of project prompts and solutions for self-learning.
- Keep Up with Trends: Web technologies evolve, and so should your skills. Stay updated with the latest HTML features and trends.
Experience beats passive learning, so creating web pages, however simple, will help in ingraining the concepts. Patience is key here so don’t get discouraged if it does not click right away. With consistent practice and curiosity, you’ll soon command a strong understanding of HTML.
Embarking on this journey, you’ll need the right guide. Even better, if you get a comprehensive roadmap that takes you from a beginner level to building professional-quality web designs. That’s where we come in.
Learning with us at Zenva, you won’t just be following instructions; you’ll be creating impressive websites, understanding best practices and, ultimately, gaining the skills required to begin a career in web design or to use these skills in your current career. With Zenva, start your HTML journey with a lasting foundation and build upon it, one tag at a time.
Your journey to mastering HTML will greatly benefit from using different learning resources. Here are some that you’ll find extremely useful:
Web Design Mini-Degree – Zenva Academy
The Web Design Mini-Degree from Zenva Academy offers extensive training in front-end web development and design. This includes courses on UI/UX design, HTML, CSS, responsive web design, CSS frameworks like Bootstrap. Highlighting features of this course include:
- Comprehensive coverage of web design fundamentals
- Project-based learning approach
- Suitable for beginners and more experienced learners
- Community of over 1 million learners for peer-based learning
- Flexible access to course content
Learn to Code in HTML and CSS – Zenva Academy
This free course called “HTML & CSS 101 – Web Development Fundamentals” from Zenva Academy forms a solid springboard for novices in web development. It includes:
- Beginner-friendly content covering HTML and CSS basics
- Practical tasks, including creating forms and working with tables
- 2 hours of on-demand video
- Certificate of completion as a testament to your learning
Bite-Size HTML Tutorial – GameDev Academy
The Bite-Size HTML Tutorial on GameDev Academy is a great starting point for beginners. It offers:
- Easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions
- Guidance on setting up a development environment
- Explanations on basic HTML tags and their usage
HTML Foundations – Zenva Academy
The HTML Foundations course offered by Zenva Academy is perfect for beginners aiming to grasp the basics of HTML. Key features of the course include:
- Lessons on creating HTML files, handling text, and using images, links, lists, and tables
- Insights into working with classes and IDs
- Flexible learning options
- Guidance from expert mentors
How to Do an HTML Redirect – GameDev Academy
In How to Do an HTML Redirect, a free tutorial from GameDev Academy, you’ll learn how to redirect one webpage to a different one. This tutorial covers:
- Why redirecting is important from a tech and SEO perspective
- HTTP status codes and their functionality
- Implementing and HTML redirect and examples
- Other methods for redirects
WebVR for Beginners – Zenva Academy
WebVR for Beginners – Build VR Websites with A-Frame is a fantastic course revolving around implementing VR for the web. The best part? You only need to know HTML to get it to work. The course covers:
- Setting up a website to use A-Frame
- Working with both primitive 3D objects, animations, and text
- Implementing 360-degree photos
Free HTML CSS Course – Master Web Dev Fundamentals – GameDev Academy
This free course on GameDev Academy covers a plethora of items surrounding both HTML and CSS. It dives into:
- HTML tags and what elements they create
- Working with rich media and lay out
- Adjusting HTML aesthetics by incorporating CSS coding
With a combination of the listed resources, and a strong commitment to learn, you will be well on your way to HTML mastery.
What is HTML – Wrap-Up
HTML – the backbone of the web – holds the key to the vast realm of web development and design. With its versatility and ubiquity, it lays the foundation for your journey into this exciting field.
Whether you’re venturing into web development as a hobby or eyeing a promising career in this ever-evolving field, your mastery of HTML will be a crucial first step. Take advantage of the increasing digital reliance of our world, turn it into a learning opportunity, and enhance your skill set.
Now is the time to commit to your learning journey and reap the rewards of your hard work. Remember, every master was once a beginner. Start with a single line of code and build up from there. The beauty of learning HTML is seeing your knowledge take shape in front of you as you construct your web pages, making learning a most rewarding experience.
Don’t wait for the perfect moment because the perfect moment is now. Embark on your HTML journey with Zenva and lay the foundation for a brighter future in the world of web development.
FINAL DAYS: Unlock coding courses in Unity, Godot, Unreal, Python and more.